Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sunday's Recipe

On Sunday, I decided it was time to try out a new recipe.

I wanted to make up some burritos to put in our freezer. I love to eat prepackaged frozen burritos. They are delicious and hella bad for you. So, I figured why not make a healthy burrito and freeze them so we can eat them whenever.

I went with this recipe: Easy Chicken and Bean Burritos Freezer Meal

I didn't follow the recipe exactly. For my burrito filling I had: chicken, refried beans, an assortment of beans, brown rice, onion, and shredded cheese. I added the usual seasonings of salt (sea salt) and pepper.

This recipe did not tell you how long to cook the frozen burritos in the oven. I think we had them in the oven for like 20 minutes as I made steamed veggies and mac and cheese for Oli. They were still partially frozen so we ended up nuking them until they were piping hot and cooked through out.

This is another burrito recipe I have on my Pinterest account from Tammy's Recipes: My freezer-friendly bean and rice burritos

She includes what temp and how long to heat the burritos in the oven and even has a "how to wrap a burrito" video. :)

I made ten burritos on Sunday and felt really proud of myself. Heh. We had burritos last night for dinner. Woot!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin