Monday, November 21, 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments Part II

The painting of the salt dough ornaments were a success! Oli put her markings on all the ornaments and K finished them off with a shower of glitter and then sealed them with Mod Podge. I'll probably end up making another batch of the salt dough and perhaps have some that K and I paint up. We did do a couple of ornaments on our own, which you might have noticed a glimpse of in the first and third photo.

We decided to use tempera paint and mod podge just in case Oli forgot these weren't cookies and stuck them in her mouth. I had thought about doing a spray sealant on them but K convinced me Mod Podge would do well and he was right. It gave the ornaments a nice glossy shine.

I'm hoping this might become a holiday tradition for Oli. I know Thanksgiving isn't here yet but I am dying to put up Xmas decorations!! :)





7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous! That Oli is quite the artist. :)

Michelle said...

You know what? You should pick your favorite(s) and put her age on the back. Then you could eventually have a set that includes some from each year and she could see her artistic skills progress! (Wishing I had done something like this...)

Zay said...

Chrissy, she is becoming quite the budding artist.

Michelle, yes!, I do plan on doing that. :)

Donna said...

That is awesome!!! :) I'm glad you were able to make the ornaments. Fun, right?

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Zay said...

Donna it was great fun. Now, I can't wait to make some of my own. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too.

cindy said...

these are fabulous!!

Zay said...

Thank you, Cindy. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin