Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend

Every day seems like a blur these days. I can barely remember what I did yesterday much less three to four days ago. I do remember we met up with family Thursday night to have a birthday dinner at Auntie Pastas. We celebrated Uncle Cecil's birthday which was Tuesday, I think. It was nice to hang out for a bit even though it's always so loud in that restaurant.

To be honest I have no clue what we did Friday night, which means we must have stayed at home. I probably even went to bed early.

Saturday, I woke up bright and early and headed downtown and shopped the "Sale on the Trail." Well more specifically I went there to hit up "Made by Michelle's" table. For the life of me I can never find locally any type of toys that are not "made in China." So, I knew I could stop by Michelle's table and pick up one of these: jingle bell tag ball

After stopping by there I went to the Farmer's Market and visited Merci's World Cuisine and picked up three Texas Toast Breakfast Sandwiches. I took those home to feed K, me, and mom. Mom was glad I brought something home to eat since she was starving and soon we'd be hitting the grocery store.

Mom, me, and O went grocery shopping which is always quite an event with my mom. When we got home from shopping I was pretty beat. I stayed in an exhausted state up until it was time to leave for a craft night at Mary's.

Craft night's project was home made deodorant. I haven't tried mine out yet. I think I'll save it for a Sunday when I don't leave the house just in case this all natural product doesn't keep me fresh and clean smelling all day. That's me being polite to the public. :)

I had a great time just sitting and chatting with the girls. I have missed them all so much but everyone has been so busy lately. So, that little bit of time was really nice. I'm usually almost always one of the last to leave a craft night, but this time I was the first to pop smoke and make my exit. How weird. My excuse, though, I was just really darn tired and needed to greet my bed and catch those zzz's.

Sunday, I woke up and brought out my mom's gift for Mother's Day. I got her a purple Ipod Nano. I remembered long ago when I gave her my Shuffle and she listened to that bad boy until it just gave out. She was really surprised and tickled. She loves that we'll be able to record videos of O onto it.

We took a family trip to Lufkin to try and find a place to eat, but our timing was way off. We should have left a lot earlier than we did. Not only were we competing with other family's taking their mom out on the town but we were competing with people who just got out of church too. It's funny because all Mom really wanted was to visit Golden Corral, but that place had the longest line which went right out the door. There were probably about 15-20 people standing outside waiting to get in. Holy bananas! People sure do love their buffets!

We drove around a bit and noticed more restaurants with people standing outside and we decided to just stay at Red Lobster and wait the 20-25 minutes they predicted for our wait. It was okay but I'm surprised I didn't have an emergency at the mall after our meal. There was so much grease and butter on my plate I was feeling a bit queasy. It's been a while since I've eaten at Red Lobster and the salad was the best part of the meal.

Oh and the thing not to do after eating a heavy meal is to try on bathing suits. Uh huh. Not such a great idea, my friends.

By the time we got home I think we were all relieved to finally take off our shoes and relax. Well, my mom doesn't exactly know how to relax. She came home to cut up a pineapple and watermelon for us to nosh on. She also made home made kimchi and then a pan of brownies.

The other day my mom also taught me how to make one of my favorite Korean rice dessert drink / 식혜 / Sikhye (or shikhye, shikeh, shikhae)

I can't wait to be able to make my own because I know I'll probably finish this batch pretty quickly.

Yay for moms!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Don't feel bad about craft night - we left maybe 15 minutes after you did. I think everyone was tired!

It was lovely to hang out again with the ladies. I miss y'all so much! And I haven't used my deodorant yet either - will let you know if I stink up the library!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin