Sunday, October 04, 2009

Weekend Blast

It's been a nice long wet Sunday. The morning started off great because I opened my eyes around 9:30 and I silently high fived myself for sleeping in, even if we did go to bed close to 2 a.m. It's still a luxury I am enjoying more and more.

After feeding the pups and taking them to do their business I started myself with coffee and a brownie. Breakfast of champions. :) I then lounged on the internet for a little while before my sleepy eyed K came to greet me with a big smile as he had his own coffee in hand.

We ended up doing our own things before K decided to pick us up some lunch from Mr. Will's, which was bbq sammiches and potato salad. Oh, K got me a grape soda which is one of my rare bad vices. I decided this was not going to be a good day of healthy food choices but hey what's a rainy Sunday for other than engaging in all sorts of creature comforts.

I think all the fuel that I had ingested got me off my rear and into high gear. I hit the garage today and actually organized and chunked a lot of stuff. I made quite a bit of space in the garage. I still have a ways to go but I'm pretty proud of the accomplishment. I'm inching my way closer to being able to start moving some of the stuff in the guest room into the garage. No wonder why people get paid to organize other's space because this is a tricky juggling act.

It's almost 8:30 p.m. now and I must say it has been a quite enjoyable Sunday. I'll be sad to say goodbye to it.

Another highlight to this weekend was Friday night. I was with 9 of my ex-derby friends at the theater to watch, Whip It. It was awesome to watch the roller derby movie with my pals and being able to relive some of those feelings that derby gave me. It was a bitter sweet moment but also a heart pounding adrenaline rush too. It made me want to skate so bad again. We all gathered at the sushi joint in Lufkin after the flick. Pals, roller derby movie, and sushi is definitely speaking my language.

I'm never ready to greet a Monday head on but I must say that my batteries have been recharged pretty well.

1 comment:

Chaybee said...

Sonnie, I think you are definitely in the NESTING phase of maternity!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin