Sunday, July 27, 2008

---

I should be taking a nap at this moment instead of blogging but here I am with fingers perfectly placed on my keyboard.

It has been an event filled weekend. There have been so many people here for Dr. Howard's wake and memorial service. People I haven't seen in years were all here for this sad event. Even though it was sad to say goodbye this is a group of people who know how to celebrate the life of a person, as well.

Saturday evening's wake went strong until a bit after midnight and people were being asked to finally go home. There were many old friends to catch up with and new friends to meet and tell many a great story of Dr. Howard. I must say it was a joyful event where tears were hidden away.

Sunday's memorial service was a bit more somber but we all managed to laugh heartily too. I think David would approve of how we all said farewell to him.

I'm really proud of my friends, David's children, and how each of them carried themselves as the great people that they are. I admire each of them so much.

Rest in peace, David. We'll all miss you dearly. I hope there was a glass of scotch waiting for you on the other side.

**added from K's site: http://www.prettyfuckingsweet.com/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin