Sunday, September 09, 2007

Who has time to unpack?


I've been craving a salad and some Kimbap today.




In Japanese cuisine something like this would be called sushi or California rolls. In Korean cuisine we call it Kimbap. Kim is basically the sea weed and the bap is the rice.





My friends the MRTs had brought some very yummy California rolls for a party a while back. I believe they used a cream cheese and hot sauce mixture. I made my own cream cheese and Sriracha hot sauce combo. That is the orange stuff that you see on top of the sliced cucumbers.





I made cucumber and cream cheese/hot sauce rolls; crab, cucumber, and cream cheese/hot sauce rolls; and cream cheese/hot sauce rolls.





For my first time making Kimbap I think I did a pretty good job.





Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

wow! those are gorgeou! we need to have our sushi/kimbap party soon.

Zay said...

definitely!!

Mary T-Allen said...

I'd love to make a more eloquent comment, but I can only think: YUMMY!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin