Monday, February 18, 2013

Recipe Sunday

What a fantastic Sunday it was. I miss it so.

I tried out a new recipe for Sunday's dinner. We wanted something light but a bit hearty.

I decided to try out Paula Deen's Broccoli Salad.

You can find the recipe here: Broccoli Salad

One out of five stars: I rate it four stars.

I didn't give it five only because it would never be a favorite dish of mine. However, I would make this again, no doubt. Also, instead of making this the meal it would be perfect to make as a side dish. I knew that going in, but since we wanted a lighter dinner we opted for this as the main meal.

We included sunflower seeds. Next time, I think I will grate some carrots into the dish too. This called for raisins but we aren't big on raisins being in our food. However, I don't think I would mind adding Craisins.

We both have this dish as leftovers for today's lunch. Instead of throwing the crumbled up bacon straight into the mixture I kept it separated. Even now we have our bacon pieces in a ziploc bag to keep it from getting soggy in the salad.

I can't wait to eat it again today at lunch. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin