Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Recipe

I made a shepherd pie this weekend. A shepherd pie just sounds like it should be pretty tasty and I think maybe I think that because I love mashed potatoes. However, I was not fond of this particular shepherd pie.

Perhaps, I went the way too healthy route?

My shepherd pie included: ground turkey, condensed tomato soup, condensed minestrone soup, green beans, mashed potatoes, and cheddar cheese.

I've been trying to use ground turkey on occasion to make a dish a bit healthier, but I think if I were to make a shepherd pie again it will be with ground beef. I think I will not go with a tomato based flavor again either.

One friend recommended doing a biscuit layer instead of a 'tater layer and that sounds good too.

It did come out looking pretty. It's just too bad the taste didn't match. Boo.

This is the link where I got the recipe: Six Sisters' Stuff: Quick and Easy Shepherd's Pie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin