Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Hooking

Okay, I'm a little late on giving an update about my past weekend but really who's keeping track?

Um...Friday...ya know what happens when you try to post about your weekend on a Tuesday and you are addle-brained? There is a slight chance this is where I scratch my head and say, "self, what the heck did you do on Friday night?"

Well, it was a great night spent at home. I did a lot of tv watching as I crocheted. I am burning up the yarn and hook these days. I wish this momentum would never leave. If I could continue this joy of crocheting again maybe I would be able to put something up on Etsy. However, for the time being everything that has been created has been paired with a recipient to receive as a gift. One of the scarves didn't turn out how I expected so I'll be keeping that one and I'm okay with that because I still don't own one of my own creations.

Saturday, I woke up early to talk to my mom and I also convinced myself to take the dogs for a walk. It was pretty wet outside but figured the poor beasts didn't get a walk the day before so they deserved the outing.

I spent a lot of Saturday crocheting, baking, and lounging. That evening we attended the annual "art swap" hosted by Wally & Cele. We've gone to several of these in the past and it's always a fun event to attend. I was sad to not have any art that I'd created for the event to swap but K did and he ended up with a lovely print by Dr. Roach. We went home where we were visited by Merci, Tracy, & Scott. We watched some of SNL where Merci squealed everytime Tay-Tay (Taylor Lautner from Twilight) appeared on screen. Ha!

Sunday was another day spent lounging, crocheting, and baking. I'm starting to really get the hang of this relaxing gig. K rented some movies too while he was grocery shopping for us. When he got back I made a quick trip to deliver some of my baked goods to some girlfriends.

That evening K made us a delicious dinner: ribs, mashed 'taters, and baked beans. Mmm hmm.

This is the last full week of work before the Xmas holidays begin so I'm just trying to make it through this week.

I finished another scarf last night and will begin a new one today. It'll be my fifth one. Wheee!

1 comment:

KB said...

This is reminding me that I should really start knitting again. Thanks! I can't wait to see what you make. Post photos.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin