Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Hurricane Ike Workout

Working out any where from three to six days out of the week you'd think I could handle a bit of yard work.

Three hours of yard work clearing up Hurricane Ike debris still has my calves and my back screaming for mercy.

Bending over and over again picking up all sorts of random greenery from the yard, hauling a garden wagon filled with tree junk, and taking large limbs and using your whole body to break them (I don't have a chainsaw so I became She-Ra the branch cracker) into pieces is totally a whole body workout. This left me more sore than any of the aerobics classes that i attend called 'bootcamp,' 'the tear-jerker,' or 'ball breaker.' **i made the last two up.

This was just a short blog entry to whine a little.

Overall, though, I was quite impressed with K and my effort in quickly getting our yard cleaned up. Also, it was neat to be able to visit with neighbors and chat it up as we all related to one another since we were all going through the same thing.

1 comment:

KB said...

Where are the before and after photos?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin