Monday, May 26, 2008

The Rollerskating Crew

After watching several episodes of "The Dog Whisperer" yesterday I watched Cesar and a client in-line skate with their dogs. It made me so envious that they were able to skate with their animals without anyone getting maimed.
I guess today I grew some balls and decided what the hell. I switched out my indoor wheels and cleaned and greased my outdoor wheels and slapped those on. I padded up and took Josie out for a spin. We looped the neighborhood (just a long street) three times which took us about 15 minutes or so before I had to take her back in. The weather is so humid that her tongue was almost touching the ground by the time we were done.
I took her home and then strapped on Toby's harness and away we went. Toby was a bit more difficult because he was initially scared of the skates so I had to pull him along right out of the gate. Josie actually ran along side of me and it was awesome. I'm hoping that Toby will get there too eventually. It took him about 15 minutes to just do two loops of the neighborhood. To his credit, though, his legs are a lot shorter than Josie's. :)

As you can see from the photos everyone was wiped out after wards. Dogs and myself are all blurred due to heaving panting and breathing. Happy Memorial Day!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

awesome! i'm glad it worked out. did you use the wacky skates or your regular ones?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin