Sunday, April 06, 2008

like a limp noodle i am...

I woke up this morning pretty surprised that it was already 10:30 even though we did lie down around 3 a.m. I got out of bed to take the pups out and get all the animals fed and I noticed all the clocks in the house displayed 9:30. Hrm. Interesting.

I had a date with F to play some racquetball at the Rec Center. She and I aren't crazy players where we try to murder the ball but as with any game of racquetball you are constantly having to sprint, stop, pivot, crouch, duck, etc. It was quite a workout.

As soon as I got home K left to do groceries. I goofed off for a little bit and then decided I was going to take photos of some plants in my yard. As soon as I tried to focus the camera I noticed my battery had died. Blah. So, I went back into the house to charge the battery and the next thing I knew I was attemping to start my lawn mower. Totally random, huh? Yeah.

I mowed my front yard which was pretty hard because it's hilly and I have a push mower. By the time I had reached the backyard and was handing off the mower to K the mower died. It ran out of gas. Thank goodness because so did I!

After mowing I started to sweep up all the clippings from our driveway and decided afterwards that I was done for the day. Not only was I totally depleted but I felt like I was going to puke. I guess mowing a yard is quite the work out especially when your mower isn't self propelled.

I came in and took my time in the shower and it was grand. K finished with blowing all the clippings out of our driveway and sidewalk and came back inside. We both sat down to bowls of cereal. That was our first meal for the day and it was 4 p.m.

I had one of my first bouts with forgetting to eat. How the heck did that happen?

The weekend had been a good one and with keeping it so full, though, it always passes by way too quickly. And speaking of the weekend here is a more thorough recap:

Friday K and I decided to hit one of our fav Mexican food dives for dinner. I was so disappointed, though, that they had ran out of horchata. Horchata is a sweet rice drink that has flavors of almond and cinnamon in it. I got over it quickly and enjoyed everything else especially the assortment of hot salsas and spicy pickled concoction of jalepenos, onions, and carrots.

We went home pleasantly full. G came over and visited with us for a good chunk of the night.

Saturday, I went to the rec center and did my thing there. I was on my own that day. When I got home K made some awesome breakfast burritos. I got some projects out of the way and our friend B came over to hang for a bit.

We later met B at his dad's art show which focused on music and there were a lot of great pieces that I admired. I loved the "Dead Elvis" room. That was a riot. All of my favorites were marked pretty high or were not marked at all. I've always had expensive tastes. There was also the Texas National show going on and once again there were some impressive pieces. K and I did have a problem though with the piece that placed number one. That definitely was not one of our favorites or even all that memorable.

After looking through the shows we headed out to dinner with B at Clear Springs.

On top of all the fun and productive things I've done this weekend I'm still not done. Now I'm off to fold laundry and then get started on an embroidery project.

Ta Ta.


Chrissy said...

wow! that is a crazy busy weekend. i'm jealous of your productivity.

Pacer said...

I love art shows, but I hate that all my favorite pieces are so expensive!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin