Wednesday, November 14, 2007

home decor..

I took a neat little quiz online at HGTV: What's your style?

This is how I rated which I think fits pretty well of how I would like my home to be:

It it's new, it's you. No overstuffed chairs or anything that could be described as froufrou! You are drawn to clean lines and a minimalistic palette (think black, white, neutrals and a few bold colors that "pop" against that background-like orange, red or turquoise). You like your patterns graphic, and your buildings industrial. The older furnishings you enjoy are mid-century modern or stark Asian or African pieces without any embellishments.

Now this is pretty close to what I like, but in reality I don't live minimalistically. I live clutter buggish.

It is true that I'm not into froufrou things. I would love to be able to only decorate in black, white, neutrals with colors that pop to make it all gel together. In my world, however, I have lots of hand me downs and I hope for the best in that it'll all gel together.

What I like doesn't quite match up with what is in my wallet. Even though that is the case I find that I live quite comfortably. In this new home, especially, I feel very comfortable and at ease.

How do you rate?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin