Thursday, November 08, 2007

Craft-a-holic

Lately, I have been feeling creative but have yet been able to focus on one thing to create. My birthday is this month and K had asked me what I had in mind for a gift. Honestly, I hadn't thought about it at all.

After thinking about it for a little while I finally came up with what I wanted. I gave him my gift idea which relates to embroidery. I learned how to make a simple stitch and embroider a pattern at one of our crafting group nights and I really enjoyed it. Ever since then I have thought about embroidery off and on. So, if I'm a good girl K will get me a sweet little kit. :)

I have also been itching to crochet again, as well. When we moved into our current home Kreg had discovered two boxes that had been left in our attic by the old owner. One box was filled with empty plate boxes. The other box was filled with new yarns that hadn't been used. Score!

I think this weekend when I get some down time on the couch I will start to crochet a scarf for myself. After teaching myself how to crochet I have probably made about ten scarves and I then gifted them all away. It's time to make one for myself.

I love just about all things craft. Here is a neat crafting site that has me thinking about hanging bird cages in my back yard:

http://www.robomargo.com/quickprojects.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin