Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Recap

Friday, 21 Sep: K and I went to an SFA faculty art opening. I must admit that I didn't spend a lot of time looking at prints. I saw some that really caught my eye but it was mostly friends that I so enjoyed catching up with. My friend B bought a $250 box of 19 prints by the featured artists that evening and he also bought $40 worth of raffle tickets. He had a winning raffle ticket and scored another $250 box full of prints. I would call him all sorts of names right now but he gave K and I a print that I really loved (actually done by his father) as a housewarming gift. Thank you, B!!

Afterwards, the German and her boy D, B and his girl A, and K and I (how you like that Mary?) went to Union Cafe only to discover that the wait would be longer than we had the patience for since we were all pretty hungry. So, we all hightailed it to Joe's Italian instead. The food seemed to be a bit mediocre that night but the company was good and even better the hostess sat the six of us down immediately.

After dinner B and A decided to follow us to the house to play some wii. By the time they had left for the evening I think I was sleeping while sitting up with my eyes open. I was a tired girl which seemed to be a reoccuring theme this weekend.

Saturday, 22 Sep: Took the pups for a morning walk and run and then dropped them off at home. I went back out to run a bit more by myself. Around noonish K and I went to my work and said hello to my coworkers and students. Our building was bbq-ing that day since it was Parent's Day on campus. So we hung out for a while chit-chatting and eating our hamburgers and hot dogs.

K and I made a trip to Wally World and got our groceries and also some extra stuff for the German's housewarming/birthday party. When we got home I started the preparation to bake Heath cookies.

We attended the housewarming/birthday party in the early evening and had a good time. There was good food, good company, and cute puppies. We were the last to close down the party. The German and her man now live in our old house and the only time it felt a little weird is when we had to get up and leave.

Sunday, 23 Sep: K made us a yummy breakfast of toasted bagels topped with eggs. He also made a cream gravy as a topper. It was super delish.

I took K to the German's casa where he and D left for their gaming date. That left the German and I to hang out and laze on the couches as we waited for noon to arrive. At noon we left for Crash's casa for some bbq and more good company.

I hosed myself down with anti-bug juice and had a heaping pile of queso with chips and some famous Crash baked beans. El yummo...that's my made up Spanish for "yummy."

The German and I went back to her casa for more lazy lounging and some Dog Whisperer. Cesar is a handsome man with a way with dogs and he needs to come live with K and I so that the Josers and the Terror will live harmoniously under our roof. Can someone send me Cesar for Christmas??

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

this looks familiar... ; )
also, i love weekend recaps on monday blog posts. it makes me feel very organized.

Mary T-Allen said...

Ha! So funny when I read "How do you like that?" I was just thinking: "Who? What?" But I think I figured them all out! Go me! B. also gave me the same print after the raffle. Very generous! And ha! We also went to Union and thought the wait was too long, went to Auntie Pasta's and it was even longer, and ended up at Casa Tomas. Oh the joys of living in a handful-of-restaurants town on a Friday night!

Zay said...

Mary: B told me he gave you a print too. :) So nice!

Chrissy: I like weekend recaps so that I can look back at how popular I was/am...haha

the German said...

Gosh, y'all have too much time! :P Just kidding. I need to uptade my blog...
Sweet puppies? the Bitterness de-fluffed Pefads pillow while we were gone today.

Zay said...

Franzi: I never said "sweet puppies." I said that they were "cute puppies." :)

How did Bitter defluff Pefad's pillow? Was it beside her kennel or was it in her kennel??

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin