Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Xmas Spirit 2012

We really outdid ourselves with lights this year. We haven't been the type to really go outside of the house with decorating for Xmas. The most I used to do was put a wreath on the door, hang shiny plastic ornaments from a tree, and frame the bay window with lights. We decided to slowly add to our festive lights by buying one thing on sale after Xmas every year. Last year we started this with the little mini deer. We'll try to find his mate this time around. This year K found the light up candy canes and snowflakes at the dollar store. Score! :)

This is also the first year together we got a real tree. K grew up with real trees and this is my first ever.

I love my little fiber optic tree my mom in law found for me many years ago. It goes up and gets plugged in every year. I will be sad the day it stops working.

The spirit stays strong within me. I started my salt dough ornaments for the holidays. O likes the idea of them but still has a hard time finding a lot of interest in them for too long. I figure I will paint all of them this year with a base color and let her either finger print decorations on them or use objects to imprint different shapes of colors onto them to make it a little different. I've already made two batches of ornaments. One I took to a friends so our daughters could paint together and the second batch just for us to work on and give away as keepsakes.

I'm trying to not stress about anything Xmas related this year. So far, so good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin