Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweet 'n Sour

This Monday went by pretty quickly. I can't say that I really accomplished a whole lot during the work day. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get more done. Just about everyone is finally back from their vacations at work. One of my coworkers brought me back a huge bag of Jelly Belly jelly beans. These beans are called Belly Flops because they aren't all perfectly jelly bean shaped.

We didn't do a lot over the weekend. It was pretty mellow and nice. I was able to have a coffee date with some girlfriends, which is always a joy. One of the gf's is spreading her good news too. More babies for OH TEN!!

Our friends Greg and Michelle had us over for dinner one evening. The chili and cornbread were divine. I stuffed myself with deliciousness and it didn't end there because there were brownies to devour too!

There were Sunday plans but all was canceled, but I didn't mind because I wasn't feeling all that hot. K had his gaming day with friends which gave me time to myself. I used it for doing lots of laundry and preparing a vegetarian pot pie for our dinner.

I forgot to mention I did a Wal-Mart run over the weekend and had like five things on my list. I was able to find like two of those things. I hate the way they reorganized WM and I also hate that just about everything they sell now is less in variety. Aaargh. If they are going to put little stores out of business then why can't they at least sell all the things that are no longer provided locally. Stupid mega chain.

You like how I start it off with sweets and then end it on a sour note?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Well, doing lots of laundry when alone in the house is technically having time to yourself...but I'm not sure it meets the full definition. ;-)

Greg had the same Wal-Mart rant the other day. It's mucked up.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin