Monday, March 02, 2009

Turn Back the Clocks, Please.

I have had many weekends where I plan so many things that take me away from the house. I keep busy with friends, exercise, and other things that seem to be productive.

The only thing that isn't productive on my part is taking care of the home. I have been so lazy with housework in general. I need to go back to the old days when Sundays were our extreme cleaning day.

I'm never going to be the organized person that I want to be if I cannot even dust once a week. Boo!

It's hard to focus on cleaning and organizing a home when there are so many other fun things to do. However, I must refocus and make the house more feng shui so I don't lose my mind.

My weekend was a good one and of course I'm going to give you my highlights.

-We ate at Nijiya with a friend and chose the hibachi dinner. The food was really good and it was nice catching up with this friend who we haven't seen in forever.

-Miss Mary and I had a marathon day of shopping in Lufkin. I think we spent 2 to 2 1/2 hours in target, y'all. My prize purchase in there was new drinking glasses that make me happy. There were plenty of other things that I wanted but I held myself back. M and I went to UFO Pizza for lunch. Dang! That was a very tasty pizza! I want to go there again today. :)

We went to Old Navy next and let me advise you if you are going to almost eat a whole 10 inch pizza by yourself do not try on clothes in a poorly lit dressing room right after. There might be cussing and tears involved so just skip that scene.

-M and I were going to open up the Church of Skatin' the next day but found kiddy skateboarders in our church. We drove to the commuter's lot on campus instead and went about padding up for some skating. Y'all, when that wind blew through us on several occasions making our knees knock we wussed out and threw our shit back into the car. We headed for hot joe instead at Java Jack's. We had lady time there and also got to chit chat with Mandy for a short few and Amy was able to visit with us for a while before prepping her home for the arrival of family.

M dropped me off at home and by this time it was noon and a lot warmer, so I took the pups for a 45 min walk. I even got in a visit with the aunt and cousin for a bit. The rest of the day was spent lounging at home. This is probably when I should have been cleaning or something. :)

3 comments:

Mary T-Allen said...

I had a great time hanging out with you this weekend, but you are right: it went too fast! I wouldn't mind more pizza though...num num num.

Chrissy said...

Sounds like fun times! I wish I had been there to join in. Sigh. Next weekend!

KB said...

There's good pizza near Nac that isn't homemade? What's going on? I used to go to Lufkin when I got bored. Sometimes, when I'm feeling nostalgic, I head over to our Big Lots. Memories ....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin