Sunday, January 27, 2008

weekend ramblings.


I had left work a bit early to go home and get things straightened up a bit. By straightening up what I really mean is running a vacuum around the house and maybe wiping a counter or two.

I baked a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and also made Korean style California rolls called kimbap. I also put out small snacky foods to keep fingers and mouths busy.

This was all for another successful night of crafting. The only difference was this time many boys arrived too. I guess some of them were jealous because the girls were having way too much fun on craft nights. All this fun instigated the boys to band together to see what all the fuss was about. I don't think they were too impressed by all the crocheting and sewing they observed but they made do with beer drinking and shit talking.

Well, I don't know if they were really shit talking but they were laughing quite a bit.

The festivities ended around 12:30 a.m. and it was quite a success. We had a Renegade Crafting virgin, Marty, who is now proud to say that she has attended her very first crafting night with us.


I had begun my day as usual with a nice morning phone call with my mom. Afterwards, I got ready to meet Chrissy and Mary at the campus rec center to work out. We did our usual of flapping our lips but there was a lot of sweating going on too.

When I got home from the gym I took the pups on a walk/jog. K still wasn't home. He had gone out to the shooting range with some friends.

After a nice long shower I sat around for a little bit and K finally got home. We decided to go watch "Cloverfield." It was actually a lot better than I had imagined. I thought it would totally be just like Godzilla but it was a little scarier than Godzilla. I wouldn't say it's a horror flick but it has one or two tense moments.

When we got home we had time to sit and chill for a while and K made an awesome dinner of pork fried rice with some of my bean sprout soup.

Matt and Sarah came over later in the evening to show us their new ride, a Toyota Highlander. It was pretty sweet. I'm happy for them. They stayed until almost 2 a.m. When I went to bed I think as soon as my head had hit the pillow I was out for the count.


Another day at the rec center. This time it was just me and Mary. It was a treat to see D&F there too. M and I had a good work out together.

I got home and called D&F to see if they were into eating some lunch with K and I. We met them at the IHOP where I stuffed myself with too many pancakes.

We said our farewells and K and I headed out for wireless router shopping and also to buy groceries.

I'm sitting here now feeling relaxed and probably tired enough for a nap. However, naps and I do not get along. I tend to wake up more tired and definitely more grouchy than I was before the nap.

We rented 3 10 to Yuma. We're going to watch that tonight and I've heard it is definitely a good watch.

I'm out.

No comments:


Blog Widget by LinkWithin