Saturday, November 03, 2007

Home sweet home...

I love walking around my back yard and finding new things. There's always something new to discover. I have no clue what type of trees, bushes, or plants that I have. Friends and family come around and name this or that and I'm trying to take it all in and remember what I'm being told. In the spring it'll be exciting to watch all the flowers bloom and I cannot wait to be able to cut off several blooms to put into vases and enjoy them inside my home.

Above you see our 2-3 foot concrete statue of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals, birds, and environment. From day one of living in the house K has wanted is own St. Francis statue. He finally found the perfect one to bring home. It looks like St. Francis is definitely doing his job as I found this very large Daddly Long Legs on the patron's face. The other day I saw about three yellow butterflies flying around St. Francis' head. I think when we find a hummingbird feeder we'll place it around the statue so that he can look over them too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary T-Allen said...

I love St. Francis! He is my favorite. My parents also have a statue of him in their garden. Maybe I will copy y'all. I wondered at first if his face was cracked in this picture until I saw the Daddy Long Legs.

Also, I don't know what all the plants and stuff are in our yard, but when I admit that, Matt acts like he's disappointed in me! It's hilarious. We were sitting out on the patio the other day and he was talking about something and said "No, not the live oak. The Post oak." And I was like "Well, I know which one is the pine." He was not pleased at what he perceives is my willful ignorance about trees. Demerits all around!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin